Created with sustainability in mind, Song Saa Private Island reflects the beauty of the Cambodian coastline. It’s a place that breathes in time with nature, built from local materials, by local hands, and infused with local art and soul. An evolved tropical getaway with a pristine private beach, spacious wooden villas, heavenly spa sanctuaries and a preserved coral reef, Song Saa Private Island lets you detach from the world and tune into simple luxuries.
Built with reclaimed timber and materials from the mainland, the resort’s design and architecture reiterates our commitment to sustainability. Each villa is a private sanctuary, a refined blend of thatched roofs, linen-draped canopy beds, up-cycled décor and repurposed furniture. Discarded oil drums find new life as lamps. Driftwood serves as a table or bench. Salvaged wood from old fishing boats and factory yards now forms decks and floors and beams.
Our culinary practice is proudly based on locally sourced ingredients: seasonal fruits and vegetables, wildlife-friendly Ibis rice from farmers in the North, fleshy cashew nuts and meaty coconuts from nearby villages. Then there’s the distinctive favour of Kampot pepper infusing our cuisine with a truly local culinary twist. We’re happy to cater to guests with dietary restrictions and our vegan and vegetarian dishes are some of our tastiest.
When it comes to wiling away your time, Song Saa lets you be as active or as inert as you like. Idle on our pristine sands or take off on a diving adventure. Take a sunset cruise across dazzling seas or explore our rainforest trails and see our native plants and wildlife. At night, enjoy a quiet dinner for two, then retreat to your villa terrace, clinking glasses under the constellations and wondering how you could ever leave…
The use of personal drones at Song Saa Private Island is strictly prohibited.
- 24 private pool villas
- 2 restaurant and bars
- Large infinity pool
- Spa and wellness sanctuaries
- Water sports: scuba diving, kayaking, snorkelling, speedboat
- Ecological and cultural programmes
- Private beach
- Private mooring available
Cambodia Hotel's Location
Song Saa Private Island is in the Koh Rong Archipelago, Cambodia – a 45-min speedboat ride from Sihanoukville Port
The nearest airport is Sihanoukville international airport (KOS) - a 30 mins drive
From Siem Reap International airport (REP) to Sihanoukville international airport (KOS) - approx. 45 mins flight
From Phnom Penh International Airport (PNH) to Sihanoukville International Airport (KOS) - approx. 40 mins flight or directly drive approx. 2.5 hours from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville Port, via Expressway.
We are also accessible via private helicopter
A. Phnom Penh – Song Saa (one way 1.2 hr.)
B. Siem Reap – Song Saa (one way 1.6 hr.)
C. Pick up point of choice - SSPI
Please contact our reservations team for more information on helicopter transfer.
Boat services are available from 1030 - 1600hrs from Sihanoukville Port.
From Sihanoukville Port to Song Saa Island:
10:30 (mainland time)
13:30 (mainland time)
16:30 (mainland time)
Song Saa Island to Sihanoukville Port:
08:00 (Island time)
10:30 (Island time)
15:30 (Island time)
*Boat schedules are subject to change in line with arrivals and departures, for the latest and finalised boat schedules please connect with our reservations at [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. All existing bookings may be changed, for stays between now and 20 December 2021 without a fee.
- May i reschedule my reservation for a later date?
- I booked through a third party vendor, can you help me?
For bookings made through an online booking platform or third party travel professionals please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions.
If you have a query regarding a booking you may contact our Reservations team at [email protected].
- How do I contact guest reservations?
- What is the hotel doing right now for health and safety?
- All employees have attended hygiene and health well-being training by our Resort Doctor, all touch points in our Villas and Public Spaces are sanitised twice a day.
- All private pool water is drained and replaced when a guest checks-out. The Pool water is recycled for use in our gardens.
- Prior to boarding our speed boat in Sihanoukville Port your temperature is taken to ensure that you don’t have a fever, the same policy applies to all our Suppliers visiting the Island. Our speed boat is sanitised before and after each journey to the Mainland. Hand sanitiser is offered to all guests when boarding our speed boat.
- While a guest on the Island you are required to complete a Medical Waiver and questionnaire about your travel schedule during the Reservation process or prior to boarding our speed boat to the Island.
- Your temperature is monitored daily by our Resort Doctor during your stay with us.
- Work spaces & offices and Back of House areas are sanitised on a daily basis.
- The resort is using FORWARD, a disinfecting chemical from Diversey containing ethoxylated alcohol and ammonium chloride which does not deteriorate hard surfaces.
- Face masks are available with our Guest Experience team on request and subject to availability.